VP of Corporate Solutions
In today's climate, it often feels as if anything can spur outrage and division. OpenMind (OM) was founded out of a passion for addressing these rising social tensions by translating the best social science research into tools that are engaging, evidence-based, and scalable. Our mission is to help workplaces and classrooms build healthier cultures for connecting across differences by equipping people with the mindsets and skills for constructive dialogue.
OpenMind was co-founded by the social psychologist Jonathan Haidt, the author of the bestselling books The Righteous Mind and The Coddling of the American Mind. Since launching in 2017, our online program has reached more than 35,000 people in 500 classrooms, as well as 50 organizations and companies in 15 countries.
About the Role
After experiencing significant organic demand in 2020 from technology and Fortune 500 companies, we decided to prioritize growth in the corporate market.
We are looking for a business development executive who is eager to roll up their sleeves and build out our corporate business. You will architect the go-to-market strategy, establish relationships with enterprise clients, and secure the initial topline revenue to invest in hiring a sales and account management team. At the same time, we’ll want you to think like a “General Manager” and see the Corporate sector as a line of business with a P&L. So you’ll need to collaborate well with the rest of the central delivery and service functions of the OM organization while remaining focused on growing this segment.
- Create a world-class go-to-market strategy — meet with current and prospective clients, determine market positioning in consideration of our competition, evaluate risks and opportunities.
- Build Initial Sales Pipeline — generate and target a set of qualified leads
- Manage Client Relationships — ensure our solutions meet their needs and surface new and innovative solutions
- Collaborate Cross-Functionally — be a thought partner to the Executive Director, and work closely with our Product and Research teams to meet client requirements and assess our impact
- Oversee Account Management — leverage the delivery and service components of the OM organization to ensure a seamless “end-to-end” delivery of high quality product and service to Corporate Clients
Why Work with Us
- Fully Remote — OpenMind has always been fully remote, and we work hard to maintain a strong team culture across vast distances (our small crew is spread across six states and three countries)
- A Mission-Driven Culture — we practice what we preach, so we wear our values of intellectual humility, continuous learning, and non-partisanship on our sleeves
- Compensation — competitive salary and bonus structure
- Flexible Time Off — All employees receive 25 days of Flexible Time Off (FTO) each year to use as they see fit for vacation, holidays, personal or sick days
- Other Benefits — dental and vision plans, 401(k) program (not matched), short- and long-term disability insurance, life and AD&D insurance
- 10+ years of experience scaling a large business in the HR/People Operations, DE&I, L&D, or behavior change fields
- You’ve built something — launched a new division, led a company’s entry into a new market or country, or run a very successful solo business; you know how to manage a profitable P&L
- Experience with startups or small, agile teams. You are someone who can operate initially without a large team supporting them
- You’ve hired and managed a high-achieving team
- You have a passion to make a difference - you’ll stand behind products that change lives and you’re proud to do so
- You’re a phenomenal team player