Are you interested in bringing the best behavioral science research to life to address some of the most critical social challenges of our time? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment alongside a group of talented, mission-driven individuals? If so, this is the role for you!
OpenMind is a rapidly growing non-profit EdTech startup that leverages behavioral science to equip people with skills to think clearly and communicate constructively across differences. We translate the best psychological research into tools that are engaging, scalable, and evidence-based to help people bridge divides and thrive in our complex digital age.
OpenMind was co-founded by social psychologist Jonathan Haidt, the author of the bestsellers The Righteous Mind and The Coddling of the American Mind. Since launching in 2017, our tools have reached more than 20,000 people in more than 450 classrooms and 50 organizations and companies, across 15 countries.
About the Role
OpenMind is embarking on an ambitious plan to develop an extended set of online and in-person educational tools for universities and corporate clients. The Curriculum Developer will play a critical role in this process by working collaboratively with our integrated product/research team and advisors to translate complex behavioral science research into engaging, practical, and impactful content. We are looking for a creative, dynamic, and fast-learning Curriculum Developer who has deep knowledge of educational design principles and a knack for designing engaging content. The Curriculum Developer must understand the classroom and corporate environments and be able to design educational materials and exercises that are relevant and compelling to both. You will have the opportunity to work on multiple workstreams, flex your creative muscles, and have a significant social impact.
- You will work with OpenMind’s integrated product/research team and advisors to develop highly engaging and impactful online training. You will work closely with the Research Director to define specific learning objectives and bring the best behavioral science research to life through engaging educational content.
- You will take the lead on designing a pedagogical framework that will flow through our products. You will ensure that existing and new products maintain this consistent pedagogical framework.
- You will be responsible for adapting our online training content for use in a corporate environment by researching business cases and examples to create highly practical and engaging content.
- You will be responsible for designing short in-person exercises that correspond to each online module and serve the function of deepening practice and helping users form positive habits of heart and mind. For each online module, you will design engaging exercises tailored to a university audience and to a corporate audience.
- You will also be responsible for developing short “playbooks” for professors and managers to lead these exercises.
- You will work closely with the researchers on our team to develop engaging in-person training for corporate audiences. The training will focus on delivering behavioral science insights in an accessible format with a heavy emphasis on interactive activities and practical application.
- 3-5 years of experience in curriculum design.
- Prior experience teaching in a classroom and prior experience working in a corporate setting are highly preferred.
- Ability to synthesize research and translate complex concepts into engaging and practical content.
- Ability to write effectively for a college audience as well as for a corporate audience, while understanding the nuances of both environments.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with a cross-functional team to deliver products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Incredibly well-organized with a strong track record of working on multiple workstreams.
- Deep and demonstrated knowledge of learning design principles and Adult Learning Theories.
- Demonstrated experience designing corporate training workshops.
- Prior experience in digital curriculum design is preferred but not required.
- You are mission aligned and passionate about translating behavioral science research into effective behavior change interventions.
- You are proactive and a self-starter. You can work well independently, troubleshoot problems as they arise, and you are willing to go the extra mile.
- You are a people-person. You treat others with respect and you’re a team player.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, you are comfortable with ambiguity, and you are able to adapt to new circumstances.
- You are intellectually humble and resilient. You are comfortable having your ideas challenged, you respond well to feedback, and you view setbacks as an opportunity to learn and try something new.
- You hold yourself to high standards of excellence. You are detail-oriented and have excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Location: Remote
- Start Date: Immediate
- Deadline: We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
- Benefits Include:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and skills
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Opportunity to work alongside a dedicated and fun-loving team working to address one of the greatest social challenges of our time